“Support to Manage Absence”
The effective management of staff absence is challenging but crucial to your business.
Effectively dealing with employee absence is absolutely vital to the productivity of your business.
“Studies show that the average worker in the UK is absent from work for 8.4 days a year which costs UK businesses £12 billion a year - thats an average of over £600 per employee per year”.
Julie Page HR offers bespoke and professional advice on all issues relating to such employee absence.
With knowledge on the latest changes in Employment Law, Julie offers support and advice to both you as the business owner and your employees, so that your company can benefit positively and deal professionally and realistically, with the differing issues of long term and short term absence.
Long term absence
Handling individual long term absence can often quickly become a complex and sensitive job. As a Manager, and/or Employer, you may find it difficult to implement an effective strategy to deal with employee absence and therefore find it hard to assess the nature of the employee’s illness.
Short term absence
You may find that an employee is regularly absent for short periods, for a day or two at a time. This will cause a disturbance within your Company as it will not only disrupt the work of the employee but also that of other employees who will see what is happening. Clearly, this will have a ‘knock on’ effect on business productivity and morale.
Julie Page will:
- Put in place effective strategies and solutions to deal with short term and long term absence
- Ensure that your company’s strategy adheres to relevant Employment Legislation
- Where necessary, liaise with external Occupational Health Advisers for other relevant input and consultation
- Offer advice on the appropriate response to deal with each individual case
- Offer support and training to your Managers to help them control absence moving forward.
- Advise on current legal requirements for an absent employee’s pay
Please use the contact page or telephone 07776 135350 for further advice and assistance.
"I would like to thank Julie Page, who we have chosen for regular HR support, for her help and guidance dealing with a particularly difficult, long running HR issue with a particular member of staff. The persistence and advice ensured that the correct process was adhered to, and the issue was resolved.I would suggest that a business with staff should seek such support, and would recommend Julie Page without hesitation."
Martin Orchard, Owen Lyons Estates Agents