“Dealing with Leave and Flexible Working”
A workable solution whilst protecting your business
Maternity & Paternity Leave / Flexible Working Requests
Maternity & Paternity Leave
Employment law changed in April 2015 and now both parents are able to share the care of their child during the first year after the birth.
Mothers are able to choose either to keep their entitlement of 52 weeks maternity leave and 39 weeks statutory pay or alternatively, after the first two weeks of the birth, choose to share the remaining 50 weeks of their maternity leave and 37 weeks statutory pay with the father as flexible parental leave.
Arranging paternity and maternity pay for employees can be both complex and time consuming. Therefore, Julie can work with you to ensure that both you as an employer, and equally, your employees, are aware of what you and they are entitled to under current and future Employment Legislation.
Julie Page HR can help you:
- Establish what employees are entitled to both now and in the future
- Explain how maternity and paternity pay differ during leave
- Establish maternity and paternity rights for employees
- Review your company policy and procedure in terms of maternity and paternity within the company staff handbook
- Understand the rates of pay for paternity or maternity for employees
The right to request flexible working is available to any employee who has worked for their employer for 26 weeks or more.
Covid 19 and working from home practices have made it more appealing and practical for employees to work flexibly and productively.
When lockdown lifts, we may see more flexible working requests and Julie can assist you by helping you decide how to manage
individual requests on a case-by-case basis so your business remains intact and profitable.
Julie Page HR can help you establish:
- What flexible working will suit your type of business
- An approval process to help you manage such requests fairly and consistently
- What is expected of those who are granted flexible working
- How to complete a Health & Safety assessment if the request is to work from home
Please use the contact page or telephone 07776 135350 for further advice and assistance.